SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Music

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
JoyceJowers
Style_council
JoyceJowers

So I don’t really know a whole lot about music, in fact, I am kind of under a rock when it comes to what is “hip” with music. However, I have recently come across the band Foster the People and I must say I absolutely love them, They have such a unique sound… and I’m not going to lie… everyone in the band is also pretty darned attractive… just saying. Anyways, there ideas, subject matters and music videos are so inventive and creative. I love it! Any suggestions on bands similar? Or any bands you have come across that you are just gaga over (no pun intended)?

posted over 7 years ago
KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

Foster the People isn’t creative, they’re basically a carbon copy of every other band in the indie rock-folk rock genre, except they’ve had a one hit wonder.

Peter Bjorn and John is a band similar to Foster the People.

posted over 7 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

lol I know some people who loved Foster the People until they became popular—all of the sudden, they decided they were sellouts and their music was trash. typical hipsters

posted over 7 years ago

riders
New_user riders is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When riders reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
riders

I thought their hit single was pretty catchy. And then advertisers took it to use in their commercials so now I hear their riff everywhere. I’m worried I’m going to get sick of them pretty soon (even though I liked their music to begin with). Fame is a curse people!

posted over 7 years ago

Roney
Style_council
Roney

You’re right about everything you said :D I just love their sound and style, they’re simply great. Btw, if you like Foster the People you may also find MGMT enjoyable :)

posted over 7 years ago

MissMasa
New_user MissMasa is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MissMasa reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MissMasa

Foster the People undoubtedly are talented and make some catchy music. I really dislike hearing people accuse one another of “copying” or “selling out” because it’s just one of those cop-out holier-than-thou answers young people like giving each other.

It’s awesome that you found and enjoy Foster the People, and I hope you won’t let anyone let you feel otherwise.

Some other similar bands that you might like are Miike Snow, Cut Copy, the XX, to name a few.

posted over 7 years ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

I like them, but I do agree a lot with KATIELEEE. They’re pretty unoriginal

posted over 7 years ago

PhoSho
Style_council
PhoSho

lol they’re not my usual type of music but girlll, pumped up kicks is ma jam~

posted over 7 years ago

Vhjiuga
Style_council
Vhjiuga

I like them and their songs but as KatieLeee said, Foster the People isn’t creative. They’re just a band among the others. A simple band with a simple music.

posted over 7 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Try Peter, Bjorn, and John. Their song “Young Folks” sounds EXACTLY like “Pumped Up Kicks”

posted over 7 years ago

Chris213
Style_council
Chris213

I love “Pumped Up Kicks” but haven’t really heard anything else from them. You should check out The Killers, The Temper Trap, Snow Patrol and MGMT is great too like everyone else has been saying too :)

posted over 7 years ago

EmmySur
Style_council
EmmySur

I love them, too(: I agree with you about their music videos – they seem really creative. I like the video for “Call It What You Want” best(:

posted over 7 years ago

ameliajin
Style_council
ameliajin

Foster the people are a great band, but yes, they do sound like everyone else.

posted over 7 years ago

recklessenigma
Style_council
recklessenigma

I’ve had the base line to Pumped Up Kicks in my head for the past 4 days haha.

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password