Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Music

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Polkadotblink
New_user Polkadotblink is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Polkadotblink reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Polkadotblink

Hey guys! Just want your opinion/answer on something…does the music you listen to influence the way you dress? And do you think the type of music you listen SHOULD influence the way you dress or do you just not care at all about that and dress the way you want and listen to the music you want?

posted over 8 years ago
fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

The music I listen to and the way I dress both vary based on my mood… I suppose all three work together to influence my day to day style :)

As far as should it influence the way you dress, I believe that you wear what you feel comfortable in, and listen to music that you love, and if they happen to go together, awesome. Who’s to say what clothes match what music anyway?

posted over 8 years ago

Vintajay
Style_council
Vintajay

I have actually noticed that as my music choices have changed, so has my style. So, i am assuming there is a subconcious corrilation between the two. I don’t think any specific thing should really influence the way you dress. I think you should dress the way you want to, in whatever makes you feel good about yourself and you look good in it! Fashion is not only about the brand or the style, but about how you feel in the clothes, at least in my book!

posted over 8 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

No. They don’t have much to do with each other. If something influences you to look a certain way, then you aren’t being very original.

posted over 8 years ago

Risclover
New_user Risclover is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Risclover reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Risclover

I listen to the things I want and wear the things I like, but they do seem to correlate. For example, I used to listen to only rock and metal back in middle school, and wore black most of the time. I’m into everything now, especially pop, hip hop, and “happy” music, and I love girly lace and bright colors now.

But that’s just me. :)

posted over 8 years ago

AiraB
Style_council
AiraB

Hmmm well I listen to a lot of different types of music and my style isn’t just one specific style either, it changes a lot, I wear what I like. So I suppose music does influence me.

posted over 8 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Not really. First of all, my interest in music has existed for much longer than my interest in clothing, so if music dictated my wardrobe you would think I’d have dressed better when I was younger! Plus the music I listen to covers much more ground than the clothes I wear. For example, I like a fair share of hard rock and metal but you would probably not guess that looking at my closet.

posted over 8 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

yes, i definitely think it does. it’s not the music though, it’s the culture the music expresses.

posted over 8 years ago

ReginaDiCuori
Style_council
ReginaDiCuori

the music I listen to influence my mood, and consequently influence my style every day.

posted about 8 years ago

d1zzycat
New_user d1zzycat is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When d1zzycat reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
d1zzycat

No, I don’t think the music you listen to should have any direct correlation with the way you dress, but it certainly does help enhance certain ‘looks’.
Ultimately, you should wear whatever suits your mood and listen to whatever pleases you.

posted about 8 years ago

plasticflowergarden
Style_council
plasticflowe...

Yes, the music I listen to definately has a huge influence on how I dress. No, I don’t think it should or has to influence the way you dress; it should do whatever you want it to do. I don’t exactly wake up and decide, “Hey, I’m listening to Goth music right now, I’m going to wear lots of black today!”. For me, it just happens. I listen mainly to Industrial/Goth (NOT screamo, there is a difference! So tierd of people making the assumption I just listen to screamo), Indie, and Techno/Electronic. The darker my music, the darker my style tends to be. And when I listen to a song, I usually feel that it fits my look for that time.

posted about 8 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Risclover, I used to be just like that! :P

posted about 8 years ago

brightonb
Style_council
brightonb

The culture of the music that you listen to can affect what you wear but subcultures are dying out as popular culture is mixing all of the styles together. Ask any older generations about what they had in their day, in England there’s been mods, rockers, skinheads, rudeboys, casuals, punks etc.

posted about 8 years ago

ObscureOverture
Style_council
ObscureOverture

Yes, it does. I listen to a lot of metal and wear a lot of dark colors… but I also simply LIKE wearing dark colors and black.

posted about 8 years ago

FabricatedFashion
Style_council
FabricatedFa...

I wouldn’t say it should influence the way you dress, but it is certainly not bad if it does. I find that when I wake up in the morning how I feel determines how I dress and what I listen to while I get ready and go throughout the day. The two are often mirror images of each other. What I listen to influences how I dress, and how I dress influences what I listen to.

posted about 8 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password