SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Music

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
brightonb
Style_council
brightonb

Which songs bring back certain memories?

posted about 8 years ago
EdiraPutri
Style_council
EdiraPutri

simple plan brings me back to junior high school sometimes.
And, the soundtracks of anime, they often got me some weird feelings of joy, passion, and some memories.

posted about 8 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

omigosh, I love how this happens.. If I listen to a certain playlist/song/artist for a period of time, I’ll associate it with the time I listened to it. It brings back memories, moods, feelings, sites, etc. it’s not even just general memories, it’s usually pretty specific.
Jack’s Mannequin – sitting in the backseat during a roadtrip across Europe. specifically, during the day travelling through grass valleys with mountains in the distance.
Passion Pit/MGMT – in the car on the way to LA
Evaline – some trip in high school for a group of honors students. I remember listening to it on a bunkbed at night.
and The Academy Is pretty much reminds me of my entire high school experience :))

posted about 8 years ago

hannahsmithy
Style_council
hannahsmithy

Sex on the Beach by Emma Russack always reminds me of the past in general, but most specifically of two years ago when everything was much simpler and I was just a fresh faced Year Seven..

posted about 8 years ago

plasticflowergarden
Style_council
plasticflowe...

Blue (Da Ba Dee) by Eifel 65. I loved this song as a kid, reminds me of being a 90’s kid, spending time with my cousin and neighbor friends :)

posted about 8 years ago

helenduschko
New_user helenduschko is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When helenduschko reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
helenduschko

all soundtracks from Runaway Bride, Pretty Woman.
also-Madonna, Elton John

posted about 8 years ago

OmniDimensional
Style_council
OmniDimensional

For some reason when I listen to Teddybear Stockholm (the original with the girl singer) the song Yours to Keep, it reminds me of the summer time :)

posted about 8 years ago

IdeaSquirrel
Style_council
IdeaSquirrel

Fleetwood Mac, Boston, and Styx bring me back to when I was like ten because whenever my family would take a road trip my mom would only listen to those three bands. :D

posted about 8 years ago

dropdead
Style_council
dropdead

Oh god.. Golden brown by stranglers takes me back to when I was about 5 years old (my mum and I still love that song) sitting in the back of the car, driving back from pony club :) also more than a feeling by boston makes me think of my brother, away at uni (this make me feel so old, i’m 13. Boston’s album was released in 1976!)

posted almost 8 years ago

juls1008
Style_council
juls1008

A LOT of oldies songs (since that is what my family listened to when I was growing up- dad is in radio and worked at an Oldies station). The Backstreet Boys definitely. Then there are random songs I will hear and they will evoke a certain emotion based on experiences in my life.

posted over 7 years ago

JanelleEfe
Style_council
JanelleEfe

“dynamite” by taio cruz takes me back to FBLA nationals, G6 reminds me of when I was with my boyfriend. I wasn’t a huge fan of either, but they were VERY popular at the time.

posted over 7 years ago

maddiejayy
Style_council
maddiejayy

Sooo many.. It’s insane.

posted over 7 years ago

BettyEvelin
Style_council
BettyEvelin

there are many songs that bring back beautiful memories of my life. For example, Mr Big – To be with you, Noisettes – never forget you, lots of songs from taylor swift, and many many more. ^^

posted over 7 years ago

MandyM
New_user MandyM is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When MandyM reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
MandyM

Captain Nemo by Sarah Brightman – bring me memories about my uncle who I loved so much

posted over 7 years ago

Appu
Style_council
Appu

So many: Never say Never reminds me of the last few days in school, Superstar/It wasn’t me/temperature remind me of my beautiful childhood :)

posted over 7 years ago

nicoletastan
Style_council
nicoletastan

there are songs which i have been listening to because of my boyfriend or my ex or an old friend. these songs bring back so many memories..

posted about 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password