SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
illq
Style_council
illq

If so, what’s is one thing that found that you absolute love? Just curious because I’ve recently tried out thrift shopping and it’s kind of fun hunting for bargains. (:

posted about 8 years ago
xokeishaxo
Style_council
xokeishaxo

My blazers! I’ve managed to score the majority of my blazers from thrift and vintage stores. I think the most I’ve spent was $25 on a hot pink DKNY blazer from ebay. Best deal was a $4.99 Escada blazer at Goodwill. I’ve scored blazers as low as $1 and $2 at sales.

posted about 8 years ago

franloiacono
Style_council
franloiacono

I usually take a look to local vintage shops…but it’s hard to find something I like, the most recent thing I think it’s a pair of shorts…and I usually buy vintage ties/bow-ties :)

posted about 8 years ago

charlotte_adele
Style_council
charlotte_adele

I love it! I tend to go around Charity Shops more than actual vintage shops as they are less over priced and good bargains can be found. I got a pair of Versace high waisted skinny jeans for £8 once!

posted about 8 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I was never really interested in vintage shopping til I was having the hardest time finding a bright colored blazer. So I ventured in to a “red white and blue” store (idk if those are everywhere) and I found a bright purple and pink blazer, a vintage ralph lauren scarf with this african themed necklace. I am official HOOKED on vintage shopping.

P.S. You loads of money!

posted about 8 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Vintage and thrift shopping can be quite different! Exclusively vintage shops tend to have higher prices, as well as a more curated selection. Thrift stores can have anything – a ton of junk and some nice things. They’re more of a hit or miss, generally speaking.

posted about 8 years ago

rainbowstarburst93
Style_council
rainbowstarb...

I love Vintage and thrift shopping! I thrift more often though because it is cheaper and there are not many Vintage shops by me. I once bought a skirt that still had its original tags on it. It was originally $100 but when I found it in the thrift shop I was able to get it for only $1! Truly my best bargain in any thrift shop I have been too. Vintage shopping is more fun when you are willing to pay more, whenever I go on vacation the first thing I check is if they have any real Vintage shops for me to check out since, like I said, there are very few by me.

posted about 8 years ago

skyscraperss
New_user skyscraperss is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When skyscraperss reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
skyscraperss

only at thrift shops. everything else is a rip off

posted about 8 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I consider vintage stores and thrift stores to be completely different things! In Australia, thrift stores are called op (opportunity) shops and they’re usually run by a charity such as the Salvation Army, so all their stock is donated and the proceeds go to charity. Most of their stuff is relatively current and not vintage. Op shopping is always a bit of a hit and miss! Whereas stores that sell only vintage clothes are usually more like boutiques, where their stock is carefully sourced and the prices are quite high.
I really love thrift stores, it’s so much fun finding unique items at bargain prices!! It’s also great when you find a genuine vintage item that actually fits and is in good quality. My fave things to thrift are small leather bags, I have about 15!! I’ve never shopped at a proper vintage store as everything nice is always over $50, haha!

posted about 8 years ago

girlpanic
Style_council
girlpanic

LOVE thrifting. favorite shops & hobby for sure.

posted about 8 years ago

tamala
New_user tamala is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When tamala reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tamala

ive found nice vintage necklaces at the goodwill for only $2 . i love them

posted about 8 years ago

annaczarina
Style_council
annaczarina

love love going vintage shopping. In a way you find new stuff that no one wears. That’s why i go vontage shopping so that theres no chance that anyone would have the same thing your wearing.

posted about 8 years ago

dahhlayne
Style_council
dahhlayne

Most of my wardrobe is definitely thrifted, secondhand or just plain vintage. I have tops, dresses, bags, shoes that I can not find at regular retailers…especially a price that I can afford.

posted about 8 years ago

andrewmicky
New_user andrewmicky is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When andrewmicky reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
andrewmicky

yes, i like to go Vintage shopping.

posted about 8 years ago

miki_girl
Style_council
miki_girl

When I first started going into vintage shops (thanks to chictopia) like Vinnies and Lifeline I didn’t like it a lot (too many daggy granny clothes =P) but now I love it. As some have already stated, vintage shopping is mostly luck and chance. You just have to find good stores and go often. ;)

My most favourite buy was a small, vintage bag with a clasp and I just bought two lovely, old-fashioned bowls to put jewellery in from a local op shop for $7 together which I just love!

There are some people out there who are against op shops (like a few of my friends) because they prefer new clothing rather than things other people have already used but thrift shops are just fantastic! I mean, some have history and contain memories of other people. They have sentimental value! (^^)

posted about 8 years ago

EmmySD
New_user EmmySD is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When EmmySD reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
EmmySD

I recently found a men’s cardigan from the 1950s that fit perfectly! It was great coming up with stories about who might have worn it. I also recently bought a great dress from the 70s. It’s so much fun to wear with my costume jewelry.

posted about 8 years ago

QuirkyMissy
Style_council
QuirkyMissy

Definitely dig vintage shopping!! Vintage clothing are usually so lovely and sweet looking.
Plus, recently, I have actually rummaged through my mom’s vintage outfit together with my mom and we found so many nice old clothes! And they looked totally awesome if you know how to pair them up! Not only that, they have sentimental value unlike new clothing. x

posted over 7 years ago

claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

Once at a thrift shop I found a reallly pretty pocket book for only 5 dollars(it’s looks like a huge coin purse)

Vntage shops in san antonio are kind’ve a rip off…it’s the same stuff you can find at a thrift shop just costs way more. They do carry lots of cool stuff though! :)

posted over 7 years ago

myveryownlookbook
Style_council
myveryownloo...

I wished I knew some nice vintage stores!

posted over 7 years ago

Yass
Style_council
Yass

Absolutely! Loving Vintage

posted over 7 years ago

MutantAndProud
Style_council
MutantAndProud

my dresses are often vintage, I extremely love to date back by means of wearing those vintage dresses of mine :)

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password