SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
MIXMOSS
Style_council
MIXMOSS

My friend is going to get married this 6th,April.i will be her bridesmaid , i would like to dress this
http://www.mixmoss.com/formal-dress-/225-simple-design-flower-embellished-strapless-pleated-formal-dress-.html ,is this style suitable for a wedding ceremony? and is the color OK ? it is my first-time to be a bridesmaid. can give me advice ? thank you .

posted over 7 years ago
jadekelly
New_user jadekelly is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When jadekelly reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jadekelly

Wow, that is definitely not appropriate for a wedding guest, let alone a bridesmaid, assuming it is your regular style wedding. It looks like clubwear, which is exactly what you want to avoid for a wedding, especially as a bridesmaid.

The colour I would imagine would be up to your friend as usually it’s dependent on the colour scheme of the wedding, has she given you any guidance on that?

Remember you don’t want to upstage the bride, and even though it’s difficult to upstage a wedding dress, a tight clubwear type dress definitely looks like you’re at least trying to upstage her.

Fitted is nice, but in a tasteful way, perhaps with a slightly fuller skirt, and I would suggest going for knee length or just above. If you don’t have a colour scheme it’s usually a safe bet to go for a pastel colour, especially for a spring wedding.

Something like this comes to mind:

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=33057&storeId=12556&productId=4853121&langId=-1&sort_field=Relevance&categoryId=208523&parent_categoryId=203984&pageSize=20

Good luck!

posted over 7 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

As her bridesmaid, it would be proper etiquette to ask the bride what she would like you to wear. If nothing else, at least ask what color she would prefer.

I usually only go for black if it’s an evening wedding or is going to take place in the Fall or Winter. Black is such a serious color that it usually seems inappropriate for a wedding.

This dress isn’t very flattering. The way the bodice is made is weird and draws too much attention to the boobs, which I think is inappropriate for a wedding. As a bridesmaid you might be very busy helping the bride get ready and taking photos, so I would choose something a little longer and that will allow to move around without the risk of flashing someone.

posted over 7 years ago

eviamar
Style_council
eviamar

Why wear black to a wedding? It is a time to celebrate wear color. Also I agree with them above, hemline is too short. Jadekelly gave a nice suggestion.

posted over 7 years ago

Dager
New_user Dager is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When Dager reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
Dager

Hi girls! Sorry for this posts, I did not know that it is
women’s forum because I don’t
understand so much English. Please, advise a good forum
communicating with the
mobile version.

posted over 7 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

please elaborate on the style of wedding your friend is planning—indoor/outdoor, afternoon/night, city/countryside, eclectic/classic? unless she’s getting married in Vegas, I don’t think that dress would be appropriate.

never been to a wedding before, but doesn’t the bride pick out what you’ll wear anyway? you know, to keep things consistent? just do a quick google search on bridesmaid etiquette, like here and here. as a general rule, avoid short hemlines and cleavage.

posted over 7 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I’d have to agree with the other girls, it’s a very sexy and curvasious dress but it’s not meant for a wedding. I’d say pick something a little longer and perhaps with a cardigan or sleeves.

posted over 7 years ago

MIXMOSS
Style_council
MIXMOSS

Thank you jadekelly ,yes,i am also afraid of the black color,well,i just love its style.the topshop one you suggested is good. but the price is just little expensive for me T T

posted over 7 years ago

MIXMOSS
Style_council
MIXMOSS

Thank you very much Catiekat for your comment, it is really great. so she will wear a white lace wedding dress, can i also choose white color ?-.-

posted over 7 years ago

MIXMOSS
Style_council
MIXMOSS

Thank you dear all,actually ,i also like long dress, but i am not that tall, long dress is not that suitable for me.that is why i usually choose those short hemline dresses.
So maybe this is better??
(cos i have balance on that site,that is why i will continue choose there)
http://www.mixmoss.com/slim-fit-sequin-flower-strapless-satin-formal-dress-p-3877.html
http://www.mixmoss.com/sexy-women-double-vneck-tight-waist-chiffon-dress-p-581.html
http://www.mixmoss.com/sexy-women-loose-neckline-nude-back-silk-floss-dress-p-627.html

posted over 7 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I think the second dress is the best of the three, but no cut-out shoulders and a longer hemline would make it even better.

where’s the location of the wedding? if it’s something more classic, I would avoid looking at the ‘sexy dresses’ section of that site. I think
this dress is cute in and of itself,
this dress could look sweet with a white cardi,
this is nice but a little short,
this dress is elegant but only comes in B&W,
this is a nice longer dress, etc. you have a lot of options other than tight clingy clubbing dresses.

I’d aim for a hemline that hits just around the knee. in terms of color, avoid prints, black, white, and loud colors.

posted over 7 years ago

MIXMOSS
Style_council
MIXMOSS

The wedding will be in a hotel,my friend will wear a white wedding dress.
oh yes,you are right,what i selected last two times are from “sexy dresses” .
the first and the last one of your selected are also beautiful ,it seems good.
i will go to have details first.
thank you sooooooo much dear .

posted over 7 years ago

MIXMOSS
Style_council
MIXMOSS

Thank you cynchmolina ,those items are not bad,well,i will just keep that site, i trust the quality.

posted over 7 years ago

fashionforme
New_user fashionforme is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When fashionforme reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
fashionforme

I agree. It’s really not appropriate for a wedding. Something a bit longer and has a more vibrant color would be better.

posted over 7 years ago

Earthchild404
Style_council
Earthchild404

Absolutely not. Sexy to a very certain extent (Eensy itty bitty cleavage, a small slit slightly above the knee, etc) Is acceptable if it is done with some class and is acceptable to the bride (some brides want their brides to be a little sexy, it’s a new era in that spectrum, as Say yes to dress only proves). This. is not. classy. Do you have to wear the stereotypical ugly tulle/ taffeta affair in a color that doesn’t suit you? No. But club wear, especially black (unless the theme is black and white, I don’t think it’s that appropriate the wear black to the ceremony itself) club wear, is never, ever, appropriate.

posted over 7 years ago

F4SHI0N
Style_council
F4SHI0N

If you have it tailored so that it is more conservative only. If not, it is too short on the bottom and too small on the top.

posted over 7 years ago

MIXMOSS
Style_council
MIXMOSS

Oh,,sorry sorry, i had been so busy recently /
Ya,thank you dear all, i think it was because i loved their sexy catalog products too much .
I wore this in that day :
http://www.mixmoss.com/formal-dress-/265-sweetheart-beads-embellished-pleated-strapless-formal-dress-.html

anyway the wedding had past already. but thank you so much for your help. so kind of you !

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password