SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
twintasticness
Style_council
twintasticness

Personally I love thrift stores, that’s where I buy most of my clothing. But, I am not most people so I want to hear everyones point of view! Do you like shopping at thrift stores or are brand names stores more your thing? And! If you are a fellow thrifter what are you fav thrift stores and best finds?
Lest hear it chictopians!

posted over 7 years ago
theowloddity
Style_council
theowloddity

I love thrifting as well! (Although we call it op-shopping here in Australia, as the thrift stores are called opportunity shops). I love finding things that are a bit different to what everyone else has. I’m a bit obsessed with owls, so I’d probably say my best find has been a beautiful owl-print blouse for $2. I also love going to garage/yard sales!

posted over 7 years ago

obsessed1302
Style_council
obsessed1302

I love thrifitng! That is where I go 95% of the time…in fact my daughter and I just bought are spring/summer wardrobe there (of course I still buy some things at other stores)…I love going there not just for the prices but because of the variety of stuff that they have. That is the best! You never know what you will find…
I cannot think of any great buys right now because everything I get I consider a great buy. I don’t go scoping out designer stuff-I go looking for original, unique or just stuff that I love! Oh and we always go to Goodwill…

posted over 7 years ago

jocandy
Style_council
jocandy

I love shopping at thrift stores!! The clothing you find in them are one of a kind and you never get to see anyone wearing the exact same shirt or jacket you will buy there. Its just full of original styles that are a one time show. Brand name clothing is still good and offers good quality BUT thrift store clothing makes everything more interesting and makes you stand out from others.
Some thrift stores I like to shop at are “Out of the Closet” in Pasadena, CA and “American Superior VIntage” out in Hollywood :)

posted over 7 years ago

sahkz
Style_council
sahkz

Ya

posted over 7 years ago

missingenuity
Style_council
missingenuity

I love them. I’d say I shop 90 percent thrift and 10 percent new. I label shop and I’ve found some amazing things. How do you look for things? Do you have a method? I scan the shelves and racks for materials and colors and then I zero in on those things. Here in France thrifting isn’t so common and it’s actually looked down upon with a lot of distaste. It’s mostly the immigrant/poorer population you see in the odd thrift stores. There isn’t much competition for the really trendy fashion forward finds which is great.

posted over 7 years ago

MIchelleMcDaniel
Style_council
MIchelleMcDa...

YA YA YA!! Great for shorts and bags. I always find great stuff for my overflowing closet.

posted over 7 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

No one in their right mind should pass up thrifting. You get more than your money’s worth and you are almost guaranteed a one of the kind item.

posted over 7 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

I haven’t found anything worth my time so far. there are a bunch of hipster “vintage”/thrift stores in my area, but they’re more expensive than buying new; like; one place had pilled, well-worn flannel unisex shirts for $20—nope :(

I tried places like goodwill too, but even after extensive searching I didn’t find anything other than large older women’s apparel. I’ll bet there are some great thrift shops in the city though, I should probably check them out :)

posted over 7 years ago

twintasticness
Style_council
twintasticness

missingenuity I don’t really have a method when I go thrifting. I just go slowly through the racks and pick up a lot of variety. I try everything on and I keep what I like! That’s a shame that shopping at thrift stores is looked down upon in France. But hey more for you ;) And newamericanc… I bet the city would be a great place to look! That’s usually where I have to go. Or at least that’s where I find my favorite items. You should give the city a try!

posted over 7 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I love thrift stores, but unfortunately we don’t have any good ones here where I live :( The only decent ones are about 45 minutes away, so I don’t go thrifting very often.

posted over 7 years ago

twintasticness
Style_council
twintasticness

fashion_nerd that’s really stinks that you can’t go often but I hope you have really good finds when you do go! And LaurelWashburn and eightbit you both are so right my favorite part of thrifting is finding great items for such a great price! I’m absolutely addicted to Goodwill now and I love it!

posted over 7 years ago

Meeukee1
Style_council
Meeukee1

If I go “thrifting” I usually go to 3 consignments shops here in Chicago. I like good quality and sometimes certain places give off that salvation army vibe.

posted over 7 years ago

Flawless_nBrown
Style_council
Flawless_nBrown

ya….I like to be different than everyone so thrifting is awesome….all the pieces are usually unique

posted over 7 years ago

mercik
Style_council
mercik

LOVE thrifting. I’m a GOODWILL Aholic

posted over 7 years ago

twintasticness
Style_council
twintasticness

mercik girl me too! I can’t get enough of that store.

posted over 7 years ago

whynotkayla
Style_council
whynotkayla

Yayaya! thrifting is the best, better than clothes that look the same as everyone elses! more unique, special and cool. the hunt is almost as fun as it is when you find that one special piece!

posted over 7 years ago

SuzeV
Style_council
SuzeV

I LOVE to shop at thrift stores… seriously.. I’ve gotten great stuff there. Lately I haven’t gotten good stuff, but I love to go randomly and search.

posted over 7 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password