Forum
SEARCH FORUM:

Forum > Shopping

Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
EUCYFUL
Shop_seller_2 EUCYFUL is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
EUCYFUL

So I sell used clothes on Ebay which is hunky dory but the fees are killing me!! Especially because I price my items extremely low. It costs minimum 60 cents to post + they take 12% of my final sale. Including all my other expenses…washing, packaging, not to mention time spent…photographing, washing, shipping, selecting the clothes, it all adds up.

I’ve been looking at a few other sites that are cheaper/free to post clothes on like:

http://yardsellr.com/
-Can pay with CC or paypal//Doesn’t require buyers to sign up for an acct

Would you guys trust/buy from this website? Thanks!

posted over 9 years ago
EUCYFUL
Shop_seller_2 EUCYFUL is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
EUCYFUL

oh its Yardsellr.com lol i know people hate extra work

posted over 9 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

i think it seems pretty reliable…

posted over 9 years ago

wardrobewars
Style_council
wardrobewars

seems alright to me.

posted over 9 years ago

Rosiealice
Style_council
Rosiealice

That site looks pretty good actually! Have you tried Etsy.com? I love that site x

posted over 9 years ago

EUCYFUL

EUCYFUL

ty for all the responses guys :)
but yardsellr doesn’t work on my comp on firefox OR safari SIGH :(

@Rosiealice: etsy is mostly for handmade stuff though…

posted over 9 years ago

ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

I’ve never heard of yardsellr before, but perhaps if I may try it, though there’s probably not as many people who know of it as people know of ebay

posted over 9 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

bigcartel.com?

posted over 9 years ago

PrettyGirlsVintage
Style_council
PrettyGirlsV...

If you sell vintage try etsy
Bonanzle is a good ebay alternative for newer clothes
Smashion is another one just for fashion/clothing

posted over 9 years ago

imsilly
Style_council
imsilly

I hate to point out the obvious, but just raise your prices.

I sell vintage musical equipement on ebay and the price/reserve is relative to the cost of stock and fees. If you can’t make a profit from your current prices you need to increase them. I tend to use a simple formula when selling anything and it of course takes into account all outgoings.

Are you a registed company?

posted over 9 years ago

cityofbugs
Style_icon
cityofbugs

yeah i probably would :)

posted over 9 years ago

SeekingStyle
Style_council
SeekingStyle

A lot of people use Esty

posted over 9 years ago

SarahChavez
Style_council
SarahChavez

It has gotten pretty brutal with ebay lately, I must admit. But it seems as though they’re the largest, most reputable, and well known site for plenty of reasons, eh? I say vintage and used you can try on Etsy but as far as getting a lot of hits Ebay is the way to go. Besides, think about the fact that they OWN Paypal. They’re THAT big. Cheers, and good luck to you!

posted over 9 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password