Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
fashionophile
Style_council
fashionophile

I’m retiring my PC, and am going Apple. Between the macbook pro and the macbook air, which would you recommend? I know the air has no place to insert discs, but is there anything else I should keep in mind? Thanks!

posted about 6 years ago
kimicub21
Style_council
kimicub21

Each one has their pros and cons. I would definitely say consider how often you’ll be carrying it around. Take it from someone with a pro, this thing can get heavy if it’s in your bag and I only have a 13". You could put into perspective how many USB ports you really need because a pro has two over the one on an air. Also think about whether the lack of a disc drive is of any importance to you. The pro has a longer battery life, but less gigahertz. It does, however, have a turboboost that goes up to the normal gigahertz of a pro.

From a personal standpoint, I would have gone with the air if it weren’t for me watching DVDs on my laptop while away at school and the fact that the campus was stuck in the stone ages on dial up my first two years.

posted about 6 years ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Definitely depends on what you’re using it for. If you use graphic heavy programs like Adobe CS then I recommend the Pro because you get a better processor. If you only use Microsoft Office and the internet, I’d say go for the Air.

posted almost 6 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION
Please log in. Don't have an account? Sign up here.
Continue_with_facebook
or login below
Username
Password